PADI Bubblemaker and Seal Team
Scuba Diving for Children 8 years and above
Get your kids excited about scuba diving with these two super fun PADI programs.
The PADI Bubblemaker is as fun as it sounds – a chance for kids to blow bubbles by scuba diving. Children who are at least 8 years old can use scuba gear to breathe underwater, swim around in shallow water, learn basic skills and play games underwater.
The PADI Seal Team is for young scuba divers who are looking for action-packed fun by completing exciting AquaMissions. Have you ever wondered what it’s like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an astronaut?
Beyond learning basic scuba skills, there are specialty AquaMissions, such as wreck diving, navigation, buoyancy, environmental awareness and more.
Can I do this?
If your child is 8 years or older and comfortable in the water, then YES!
- No prior experience necessary
- Parent approval and completion of a medical form is required
What will I do?
- Take your first breaths underwater in water shallower than 2 metres/6 feet.
- Learn how to clear a regulator and mask and get an overview of breathing do’s and don’ts using scuba diving equipment made for children – not adults.
- The fun continues with some underwater games!
PADI Seal Team
The PADI Seal Team program teaches responsibility and respect for the aquatic realm. It’s broken into two parts.
- Part one, AquaMissions 1 – 5, covers basic scuba diving skills, such as breathing underwater, clearing a mask of water, recovering a regulator and swimming around experiencing the sensation of being weightless. Complete these AquaMissions and become a recognized PADI Seal Team Member. Your experience may also count toward the PADI Open Water Diver course when you’re old enough to participate in the course (minimum age 10)
- Part two, 10 specialty AquaMissions, includes adventures like creature identification, search and recovery diving, and skin diving. Complete all of these and you’ll become a PADI Master Seal Team Member – joining an elite group of young scuba divers
How long does it take?
The Bubblemaker experience takes around 2 hours. Each Aquamission is around 1 hour so we’ll schedule a few separate sessions
I'm in: What are my next steps?
Download the Bubblemaker or Seal Team statement to check the medical questionnaire to see if you need written clearance from a doctor before we can take you diving.
Click the link below to book your Bubblemaker or Seal Team experience!
Great! Not long now until you are 10 years old and ready to get your PADI certification!
Take your pick from: