PADI Deep Diver
It’s different down there. Discover and explore the mysteries of the deep. Safely.
The lure of the deep: exciting, mysterious, unknown.
Learn how to discover it. Safely.
Whether it’s a wreck, a beautiful sponge on a dramatic wall, or just because you can, it’s different down there. And it’s something that most people will never see or do.
The PADI Deep Diver Specialty course is a safe, supervised introduction to diving to the maximum limits of recreational scuba diving (40 metres/130 feet). You’ll learn and practice your additional training, knowledge and skills in the classroom and the open water on this thrilling dive course.
The PADI Deep Diver Specialty course counts as one of the five Specialty courses towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
At a glance:
- Pre-requisites: Minimum 15 years old; PADI Advanced Open Water certified. The PADI Peak Performance Specialty is strongly recommended
- Counts towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- Duration: Training dives: 4 (3) – Days: 2.
- Price and what’s included
- Save time + money: tag on your PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty course.
Can I do this?
To take this PADI Dive course, you need to be a minimum of:
- 15 years old and
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
What will I learn?
Yuur training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. You’ll learn the theory and how to plan for safe deep no-decompression dives for depths from 18 metres/60 feet to 40 metres/130 feet. And you’ll learn about procedures, techniques and hazards involved in diving deep, under the direct, professional supervision of a Dive Bus PADI Instructor. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations
What scuba gear will I use?
Besides the basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a dive computer, and a dive light and slate are also recommended. All the equipment you’ll need is provided during your Deep Diver Specialty course, and there’s plenty of choice in The Dive Bus shop if you’d like to get your own. You can be sure that your Dive Bus instructor will advise which equipment is right for you, not their wallet, as there’s no sales commission here.
What will I be qualified to do?
Already Advanced Open Water certified? Check out the rest of the heaps of PADI Specialty Dive courses to enjoy. Each PADI Specialty Diver certification moves you one step closer to earning the coveted status of PADI Master Scuba Diver: the highest rating for recreational scuba divers. To become a PADI Master Scuba Diver, you’ll also need to take your Rescue Diver and Emergency First Responder courses. Save money when you take both courses with The Dive Bus…
How long does it take?
4 training dives over 2 days. If you completed your PADI Deep Adventure Dive within the last 12 months, you only need to complete 3 dives over 1.5 days.
When can I start?
Swing by The Dive Bus as soon as you get to sunny Curacao to pick up your PADI Deep Specialty manual, and start learning! If you can’t wait until you get to Curacao to get started, visit your local PADI dive shop back home to pick it up instead.
I'm in: What are my next steps?
- Download PADI Medical Statement and Questionnaire and check out the Medical Statement to ensure you have no contra-indications for scuba diving and that you’re in reasonable physical health.
- Everything clear? Do it: book your PADI Deep Diver Specialty course with The Dive Bus now!